New York, NY
Gagosian is seeking a part-time Sales Associate for our Shop at 976 Madison Avenue
We are looking for a polished and dedicated Shop Associate with excellent communication skills who is both a self-starter and a collaborative team player. The ideal candidate loves to interact with the public and can thrive in a fast-paced and high-end art boutique. This individual must be extremely detail oriented with the ability to multitask. This position requires Monday and Saturday availability.
Duties include but not limited to:
• Providing excellent customer service to Gagosian’s loyal client base in a dynamic art/retail environment
• Developing client relationships with collectors, VIPs, artists, and gallery staff
• Acting as an informed and enthusiastic representative of the gallery and our publishing program,
promoting books and art editions made by Gagosian artists, with a focus on retail and sales
• Being knowledgable and confidently engage with clients about shop merchandise, handling, and selling a selection of rare art books, limited editions, prints, and artworks
• Acting as a support to the Creative Director on art-based projects, assisting with visual merchandising, handling administrative tasks, working collaboratively on shop display and design, assisting with art book fairs, and organizing shop events
• Working collaboratively with shop staff on building content and connections in social media platforms, creating campaigns to boost visibility, grow followings and promoting key items to support future shop sales
• Coordinating framing and shipping of shop items to local, national, and international clients. Must be comfortable performing light art handling including hanging of framed works
and patching/retouching walls.
• Attending and assisting with Gagosian events, openings, and shop events which occasionally requires
Daily responsibilities include: Opening and closing the store and register, all aspects of daily sales, including
invoicing, cash and credit card transactions, ordering and maintaining inventory including unpacking and shelving heavy books, maintaining the POS and inventory, answering calls and emails for shop inquiries, tidiyng of all display areas, and general office related tasks.
Your personal profile:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with minimum 1-year of arts/retail/gallery experience preferred
• Knowledge of Gagosian galleries, contemporary art, art history, photography, architecture, design, film, travel, fashion, and culture
• An outgoing, friendly person who is comfortable interacting with the public, VIPS, gallery directors, and working in a high-end retail environment.
• Excellent telephone and written communication skills
• A flexible team player with an enthusiastic attitude, to assist in all necessary shop functions and duties
We offer a creative, professional, and collaborative atmosphere with plenty of opportunity for developing
your career in the arts. A fun, exciting, and enriching work environment; Gagosian Shop offers an exclusive and extensive selection of artists' books, scholarly monographs, catalogues and limited editions. Gagosian's unparalleled publishing program, featuring books on artists exhibited at Gagosian's worldwide galleries, is the central focus of the Shop.
Part-Time/Regular/Non-Exempt/Salaried position with overtime. Must be available to work Mondays and Saturdays and dedicated holiday hours.
Commensurate with experience, plus compensatory time in addition to overtime pay for holidays.
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] with "Part-Time Shop Associate" in the subject line. Absolutely no walk-ins or phone inquiries will be accepted for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities."