Artists highlighted in Issue #4: Georg Baselitz, Piero Manzoni, Robert Rauschenberg, Nancy Rubins, Thomas Ruff, Taryn Simon, and Cy Twombly
Updated quarterly, this free app provides an overview of exhibitions and projects at Gagosian Gallery. Offering unprecedented access and a wealth of art historical knowledge, this truly immersive interactive art experience is designed to both educate and entertain.
What’s new in Issue #4?
* Illustrated “pop-up” biography of Georg Baselitz
* Piero Manzoni's Azimuth magazines digitized with full English translations for the first time
* Endless “art board” of works from The Private Collection of Robert Rauschenberg, including historical and biographical information on more than seventy-six artists
* Comprehensive overview of Nancy Rubins’s monumental public sculptures made from industrial objects
* Thomas Ruff’s stereoscopic ma.r.s. photographs in 3-D
* Interactive, multimedia highlights from Taryn Simon’s four major bodies of work, curated by the artist
* Cy Twombly’s final paintings and a photographic and audio tribute to the artist by Sally Mann
Existing features include:
* Gigapixel and hi-res tiling imagery for select works
* Touch-sensitive “sketch” viewer
* 180˚ and 360˚ virtual reality object viewer
* Dual channel 3D room
* Artwork rotator
* Audio commentary
* Gallery and shop panoramas
* Video interviews
* Full exhibition calendar
* Artist bios, location maps, artist reviews
The Gagosian app continues the gallery’s longstanding commitment to documenting the work of its artists. The app was designed and developed by @radical.media on behalf of Gagosian Gallery, Inc.
Gagosian App Reader FAQs:
How do I get the iPad app?
Download the app from the iTunes App Store. The app is compatible with iOS 4.2 or later. Please be sure to upgrade your software before downloading if necessary.
How much does the app cost?
The app is free.
What content will be included in the app?
The app provides an overview of exhibitions, projects, and events at Gagosian Gallery worldwide, including excerpts from recent related publications, as well as videos and additional content created uniquely for this interactive art experience.
Does the quarterly issue expire?
No. Once you download an issue you will have access to it on your iPad for as long as you keep the app.
How do I know if there is an issue update?
Please check the App Store for updates.
When is the next issue available?
Issues will be released quarterly.
Can I subscribe?
Subscriptions are not available at this time.
Is the Gagosian app available for the iPhone or iPod touch?
The Gagosian app has been created specifically for the iPad.