The Gagosian App for iPad
New York, NY 10075
Hours: Mon-Sat 10-7 & Sun 12–6
Artists highlighted in Issue #3: Damien Hirst, Howard Hodgkin, Mike Kelley, Jeff Koons, Roy Lichtenstein, Paul Noble, Richard Prince, Jenny Saville, Richard Serra, Andy Warhol, and Zeng Fanzhi
Updated quarterly, this free app provides an overview of exhibitions and projects at Gagosian Gallery. Offering unprecedented access and a wealth of art historical knowledge, this truly immersive interactive art experience is designed to both educate and entertain.
What’s new in Issue #3?
* Damien Hirst “art board” to explore over ninety spot paintings
* 360˚ full motion interactive experience of Richard Serra sculptures Junction (2011) and Cycle (2010)
* Worldwide map of the Jeff Koons Celebration series exhibition history
* Andy Warhol Gagosian catalogue essays with interactive “pop-up” image, audio, and video content
* Exclusive video of Richard Prince: Bel-Air installed at a private residence
* In-depth look at Roy Lichtenstein’s working process and his series Landscapes in the Chinese Style
* Redesign of the News, Reviews, and Events section allowing for easier navigation and sharing capabilities
* Push notifications for the Calendar
* Streaming video content, which will decrease download time and the size of the app, and increase overall stability
Existing features include:
* Gigapixel and hi-res tiling imagery for select works
* Touch-sensitive “sketch” viewer
* 180˚ and 360˚ virtual reality object viewer
* Dual channel 3D room
* Artwork rotator
* Audio commentary
* Gallery and shop panoramas
* Video interviews
* Full exhibition calendar
* Artist bios, location maps, artist reviews
The Gagosian app continues the gallery’s longstanding commitment to documenting the work of its artists. The app was designed and developed by @radical.media on behalf of Gagosian Gallery, Inc.
Gagosian App Reader FAQs:
How do I get the iPad app?
Download the app from the iTunes App Store. The app is compatible with iOS 4.2 or later. Please be sure to upgrade your software before downloading if necessary.
How much does the app cost?
The app is free.
What content will be included in the app?
The app provides an overview of exhibitions, projects, and events at Gagosian Gallery worldwide, including excerpts from recent related publications, as well as videos and additional content created uniquely for this interactive art experience.
Does the quarterly issue expire?
No. Once you download an issue you will have access to it on your iPad for as long as you keep the app.
How do I know if there is an issue update?
Please check the App Store for updates.
When is the next issue available?
Issues will be released quarterly.
Can I subscribe?
Subscriptions are not available at this time.
Is the Gagosian app available for the iPhone or iPod touch?
The Gagosian app has been created specifically for the iPad.